29 November 2017

Red lentil and carrot cream soup (My magic soup) (Sopa cremosa de lentejas rojas con zanahorias)









In these Christmas times beautiful and crazy, 
(although I do not go out much I'm the one that I get to those who come to the house) a simple and delicious  soup recipe, and then we continue with the Christmas recipes.

I call it my magic soup, because of how rich it is, how fast it is made and how comforting it is. My daugther say  that also has many vitamins and is good. But I do it because  only I love it.
Is vegetarian too, have red lentils, carrots, spices, curry, some basil and zucchini,  :)

Adapted from : All recipes UK





Ingredients

250 grams red lentils (US 1 1/4 cup) (UK 9 oz)
3 medium carrots
2 green onions (roughly chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 tablespoons basil chopped.
2 teaspoon curry powder
2 medium zucchini peeled and in slices
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1.2 vegetable stock
vegetable oil
1/3 cup heavy cream or greek yogurt
salt and pepper




Method


Heat some oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Gently fry  green chopped onions and crushed garlic with curry and coriander powders for 5 minutes.

Add carrots and zucchini  peeled and chopped into thin slices. 
Mix well and cook for  about 5 minutes.
If looks dry add some vegetable stock.
Add red lentils and vegetable stock. Seasoned with salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and cook covered under medium heat for 20 minutes until carrots and zucchini are cooked.
Add cream  and chopped basil and cook for 5 minutes.
Puree the soup with a blender.
Season to taste.
Serve warm with a dollop of heavy cream or yogurt and some coriander. 


print recipe










en español
Sopa de lentejas rojas  y zanahorias








Hemos tenido unos dias rarísimos acá en Santiago . Algunos dias con calor otros con frio, En fin.
Que tal una sopita? despues viene todo lo que comemos en Navidad que es tan rico.
Esta sopa me encanta. Facil. deliciosa y maravillosa.
Las lentejas rojas tienen la gracia que no se remojan como las otras y se deshacen rapidamente. o sea uno la hace super rapido.
Me gusta en cualquier momento. No me gusta muy caliente ninguna sopa.
Para la noche es ideal.
Vegetariana y saludable.

Ingredientes
250 gramos lentejas rojas
3 zanahoras medianas pelas y en rodajas
2 cebollines picados
2 dientes de ajo picados o aplastados
aceite  vegetal neutro
2 cucharadas de albahaca picadas 
2 cucharaditas polvos curry
2 zapallitos italianos medianos pelados y picados
1 cucharadita de cilantro en polvo o fresco
1, 5 litro de caldo vegetal 
1/3 taza de crema espesa o yogurt griego
sal y pimienta


Preparación


Calentar algo de aceite en una olla mediana a fuego medio/suave.
Suave,mente freir los cebollines ay el ajo picado con el curry y el cilantro. Por unos 5 minutos.Agregar a la olla los zapallitos y las zanahorias pelados y picados en rodajas. Revolver bien y cocinar por unos 5 minutos(si esta seco agregar algo de caldo)
Agregar las lentejas rojas y el caldo vegetal.
Sazonar a gusto con sal y pimienta.
Cocinar a fuego medio hasta que las zanahorias y zapallitos esten cocidos. (unos 20 minutos)
Agregar la crema o yogurt natural y la albahaca.
Cocinar unos 5 minutos. 
Dejar enfriar un poco y moler con un procesador (blender) .
Servir con un poco de crema o yogurt y algo de albahaca o cilantro.
Se puede guadar en el refrigerador hasta dos dias.





Nota: la proxima volvemos a recetas navideñas!
ah las lentejas rojas las he encontrado en el Jumbo y en el Lider. (Oriental products)

56 comments:

  1. Con il freddo di questi giorni mi ci vorrebbe proprio.
    Molto gustosa :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, We've had lentil soup and we've had carrot soup but never the 2 combined. Sounds great...especially with the curry powder added in! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. stesera qui si gela. una zuppa calda e gustosa come questa sarebbe perfetta per ritemprare lo spirito. un abbraccio cara, buona serata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very yummy. Hey, are you on Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy, Im in intagram but really I dont use Ivy. I find so crazy, many pictures and never talk with the people.
      My mom is sick so Im caring her almost all day so only use Facebook and my blog. Hugs!!

      Delete
  5. So comforting and delicious! I would love one bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calda e confortevole, perfetta per il primo freddo..! un bacio Gloria, bravissima

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed this is magic and delicious! I love your addition of curry! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Alida thanks so much, I think is magic because I love it and can eat any moment is comfy ! grazie cara! xoxox

      Delete
  8. Sure eat plenty of carrots here, never as a soup though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a vegetarian- so this soup looks so delicious to me. I love that you call it your magic soup and it sounds like a great one to make here as the days turn colder. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to make it. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks Jess . My daugther is vegetarian and if you looks my recipes almost always Are vegetarian ( sometimes I make chicken and fishes) but really love this soup is easy and delicious.

      Delete
  10. This soup sounds delicious. With winter setting in it would be the perfect time for me to try it. I always love a hot bowl of soup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Dawn. Happens me with soups I can eat any time, any season.
    hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started cooking with lentils this past year. I love finding new recipes to use them in. I am printing this off now to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved lentils but I love especially now red lentils Theresa!

      Delete
  13. Deve essere deliziosa. E che belle quelle brodiere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your magic soup sounds delicious, Gloria! I'm sure your whole family loves it---and it sounds like a perfect meal on a chilly day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds perfect to me. We have masses of carrots in our garden �� Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Gloria, A beautiful soup for these damp and chilly days. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gloria, what a lovely soup you have created, lentils are my favorite, never thought to combine them with carrots to make a soup. Looks delicious and nutritious! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri, really I love this soup and is good for every season :)

      Delete
  18. Cara Gloria qui è arrivato il freddo e una calda e ricca zuppa come la tua ci starebbe molto bene!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  19. una zuppa calda è sempre una buona idea, deliziosa ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks wonderful. I love lentils and usually leave them whole, but now I want to purée them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUmm... I should make this during this stormy weather, having extreme rainy season here. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks Nammi, is a delicious soup (I think) to every season :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a unique combo! Now I am sad that this is the first year I didn't freeze any zucchini :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger, the wonderful now we can find zucchini all the year! But you can use others veggies!

      Delete
  24. Soups are so lovely, and this looks great Gloria.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean this is my favorite soup recipe, tasty and comfy!

      Delete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted